Swimming is a great way to get aerobic exercise, and an excellent activity to enhance your mobility. It is a good introduction to physical therapy for those who have difficulty with weight bearing exercises. Manual Orthopedic Physical Therapy is proud to offer aquatic therapy in Chula Vista at Crunch Fitness, Eastlake’s Pool to a variety of patients.
Aquatic therapy can reduce stress and discomfort while engaging in exercises specially designed by your physical or occupational therapist. The benefits of completing physical therapy exercises in the water as opposed to land-based therapies include:
- Decreasing the load that is put on joints
- Minimizing muscle pain, joint pain, and muscle spasms
- Facilitating earlier movement of targeted limbs
- Facilitating earlier strength and endurance
- Providing natural traction without the fear of falling
- Promoting relaxation
Manual Orthopedic Physical Therapy can customize an aquatic therapy treatment plan just for you with three convenient locations in Eastlake, Rancho Del Rey, and East County.
Your personal therapist will work one-on-one with you to address a variety problems that can include: